Mañana This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The twanging and tinkling
of guitars surrounded us
with the pungent aroma
of California grapes—
the moon was tawny and obese
and the stars hung low,
glowing like Japanese lanterns;
you kissed me
and whispered in my ear,
“Mañana.” The word to me
was dulcet as the
melodious music of guitars.
“‘Everything’ll be all right tomorrow’,”
you promised.
“Mañana,” I repeated,
as the guitars strummed in agreement.

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 4:31 pm:
So romantic, rhythmic, and soothing all at once. I haven't seen you write like this before, but now I want more.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 5:50 pm :
I do have more (a ton more). Thank you, Chris. 

BrisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 23 at 8:07 am:
I just read this whole comment section and died laughing because everyone assumes everybody else to be white. I do that too. There are a lot more Hispanics here than I thought. This is awesome:) muchas gracias para su trabajo, Mckay.

Jul. 23 at 4:53 pm :
De nada. I'm so happy I found another Hispanic poet. We're not getting enough credit. Most people don't think Hispanics can write. We must show them we can. ^u^ Also I get, "Oh, you can write, so you must be a girl." -_- Hispanic boys can write also. Gracias. 

SoulPoetryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11 at 7:13 pm:
Very beautiful amigo. I love it!

Jul. 12 at 3:36 pm :
Gracias, amigo.

IAmWhoIWantToBeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21 at 3:33 am:
I counldn't quite understand the whole poem. Maybe I'll try reading the novel (if I find it) and read this again.  Anyway, i like how you describe everything--from the scene to the feeling of your character.

Jun. 24 at 6:07 pm :
READ THE NOVEL!! Sorry, if this wasn't clear. I thought it would be. You don't have to read the novel to understand it. But I do recommend the novel. Thanks. 

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 15 at 9:09 pm:
YUHS! I love the last line about the guitars strumming in agreement :D This is going on my Wall of Fame (I've devoted a whole wall ceiling to floor for Teen Ink masterpieces)! Have a great day, Mckay!

Jun. 19 at 2:18 pm :
Wow. I'm honored. First, the check mark. Then plenty of positive feedback. Now, the Wall of Fame of Krasota. What next? I'm having the time of my life writing for all of you. Thanks so so so much. I'm really honored. I need to prepare an acceptance speech now.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11 at 7:06 pm:
Wonderful as usual! I loved the Spanish incorporated in the end. Do you speak spanish because this isn't the first by you (Besos) that has Spanish in it. I myself speak spanish so i was just wondering. Can I just say that I loved the longing in this poem. I think it can resonate with all of us, that feeling that everything will be alright tomorrow. And since i am the worlds biggest fiction junkie, i am already excited to read On The Road. I think the descriptions displayed in here are beautiful... (more »)

Jun. 12 at 3:09 pm :
READ THIS NOVEL. READ IT. I can't emphasize it anymore. I'm not if you'll like it. But I finished it recently; and I'm in love with it. And yes, I'm hispanic. So that's why. I love Spanish infusion with poetry. And I'm trying to do more of it. And thank you. I'm so happy this poem turned out nicely. And that people are showing love for it. Thanks, Liv. And I'll keep on writing as long as I live. And rocking too. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 12 at 8:05 pm :
Hey, I'm Hispanic too! And I am definitly looking into On The Road. I think that I should start encorperating spanish into my work as well. Get a little heratige in there ;)  Do you like Pablo Neruda? I think he is pretty good. Anyway, great work.

Jun. 19 at 2:13 pm :
REALLY?! I didn't know you were Spanish. I assumed you were white. I don't know why. But you should incorporate some heritage into your work. I just started doing it. So far, I've received positive feedback. I just started reading Neruda. So far, I like him. I've read more of Federica Garcia Lorca. Read his poetry. It's beautiful. I read his work, because the novel Vast Fields of Ordinary by Nick Burd mentions him. Alex Kincaid tells Dade Hamilton that his ex intorduced him t... (more »)

Jun. 19 at 8:59 pm :
Haha, i assumed that you were white as well. I also do not know why. I have a question, do you speak spanig fluently? I certainly don't, though i do speak the language pretty well. Anyway, i have been starting to try to incorporate some heritage into my pieces, but i need feedback. Is there any place that i can post it so you can take a lol (if you are up to it). Also, i will definitly check out that poet. I think spanish poetry is so elegant, and your "heritage poems" as I will now call them ar... (more »)

Jun. 24 at 6:10 pm :
YES DO IT. SI. POR FAVOR. I'm not fluent fluent. But I'm getting there. You can post it whever you want. On the forum would be fine. If you ever wanna email me. That'd be great. I do with many people. Get their feedback before I post things. I'm up to it. And do read his work. By the way, it's Federico. His poetry is elegant. I relate to a lot of his stuff. Thank you. Gracias.

Jun. 25 at 5:47 pm :
I checked out the poet and: HE IS SOOOOOO GOOD I AM IN LOVE!!!!! Ok sorry his poetry is so inspiring. Did you read The city That Never Sleeps or something. It's amazing! I mean, incredible ;)) thank you so much for showing him to me i feel blessed ) oh and by the way i got one of your common editors choices on my new fiction piece. I screamed with joy! ;) anyway, hope your summer rocks as much as mine does :)) haha anyway byeeeeee

Jul. 2 at 3:23 pm :
I'm trying to make it rock. It's been tough. But I can't complain. CONGRATS SO HAPPY FOR YOU! And I'm honored I could introduce you to a poet I admire and love so much. THANK YOU NICK BURD FOR MENTIONING LORCA IN YOUR WONDERFUL NOVEL! THANK YOU! I'M FOREVER INDEBTED WITH YOU!  I'm not sure if I read it. I read so many; and love them all. 

Jul. 2 at 6:19 pm :
Haha yeah he's pretty awesome :) and just saying my summer is kinda boring soo i am sure yours is better. Plus i have no inspiration..... So i can't write either...

Jul. 12 at 3:37 pm :
Nope. Mine is just as boring. And don't allow yourself to descend into the pit of writer's block.