the stars go out one by one This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

the moon bathed our skin
with a liquid silver light
as the sliver stars
flickered like the fading
light of the street-lamps
around us
i begged you stay
my cracked lips quivering
silver tears staining my silver cheeks
but you resisted
your silver eyes
denying me of you
your closed lips taut
affirming your rejecting me
the distance between us
is greater than the light years
spreading from eon to eon
separating the silver stars from the silver moon
and you walk past
the flickering street-lamps
fading away from me
like the silver moon
ebbs crescent by crescent
the silver stars
burning out
one by one

HemingwaysDaughter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 9:53 am:
this is beautiful..

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 4:55 pm :
Hey you. Thank so much. I appreciate it. 

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:19 pm:
Spectacular. Or shpuld I say, stellar? That would be ironic, though, since this is about stars going *out* and hopes dying. First, "I* beeged you to stay," taunt*. Second. I just LOVED the lines "the distance between u/ is greater than the lightyears*/ spreading eon to eon" it was totally awesone. And thought those were the lines I like best just because they catch my fancy, I think the ones after get even better. Great work! And oh, could you look in on Sacred Heartbeat? Its my most recent poe... (more »)

Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:51 pm :
CHRISTI, THANK YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU TIME INFINITY! That means a lot to me. And your turn will arrive; I know it. You're a talented writer and you work demonstrates it. And yes, I'll read and comment on your poem. Thank you for making my day.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30, 2013 at 8:09 pm:
Mckay! Other than Besos, this is my favorite poem by you. Congratulations on the check mark! I love this so much. The poem felt like swimming through space, vast and beautiful. I love the repetition of the word 'silver' and all the lovely descriptions. This was angelic and delicate. It was all so intricate. I enjoyed everything about this. You never cease to amaze me.

May 31, 2013 at 1:13 pm :
LexusMarie! Thank you so much. It means a lot that you love this poem with intensity. I really love this one as well. It took me a while to set the mood well and convey the exact images I would picture in this insane mind of mine. But, I think it might have paid off. I hope so at least. Thank you so much for the love; I truly appreciate it. 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 31, 2013 at 2:50 pm :
So, I have a surprise for you and Liv and two other people. Hopefully teenink will post it soon. I really hope that you'll like it.. I'll let you know when it's up. :-)

May 31, 2013 at 7:01 pm :
I'll be waiting. 

JosephW.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30, 2013 at 4:06 pm:
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

May 31, 2013 at 1:09 pm :
Thanks, JosephW.