Blood Bath | Teen Ink

Blood Bath MAG

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I turned on the shower,
and blood poured
out overhead.

Not bothered by the
red ribbons
that poured forth,
I got in the tub
and let the
scarlet streams soak my skin

and marinate my
soapy hair –
I washed my face,

wondering whose heart
I broke this time.

I was showering when I had the epiphany for this poem. Do yourself a favor and not visualize such scene.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, fallenoutofgrace, long time no see. Thank you for the feedback. I deeply appreciate it. My mind is demented really. Twisted like a labyrinth. I'm inspired by the weirdest things. And envision many vivid scenes. I'm not sure how I came up with this poem. I'm just happy I did. Thank you so much! 

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

Okay beside the instant visualizing showering and blood punding over my head. Pretty good poem. I like your imagery was fanonmal, I like your word choice and how it's like in your work your in a tub of blood and yet you don't freak out. The ending was my favorite though where you ask " who's heart has a broken this time."

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, Krasota(-Butterflies-and-Angels), thank you for the comment. I appreciate it. And I agree with you: EDITORS CHANGE ANONYMOUS ALREADY TO MCKAY! XD Thank you!

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

HEY EDITORS THIS IS MCKAY'S WORK GET ON TO CHANGING THE ANONYMOUS. NOW. XD anyways, I was going to post a comment before months ago, but I had a power surge when I was typing it out and I had forgotten to revisit this poem and retype it out :P I think it went along the lines of "Beautifully repulsive" or something like that XD I love the metaphor, and it was extremely difficult not to picture this (I agree with Laugh) as the imagery and overall description is sooo good. Awesome job! 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm happy it's hard to imagine this. It's rather macabre, in my opinion. By the way, I also agree with. This isn't my best. Or so I think. It rather shocked me when it said it got a red check mark. Sometimes, it the ones we least expect it that receive so much praise and love. Thanks, Liv.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

I thought I commented on this before, yes i did, hmmmmm I guess it didnt post. Anyway, I like it. I like how you say "Marinate my hair" because thats really cool. Overall I dont think that it was your best poem, but I do think that it is really good. :) Also, its kina hard not to imagine this.... haha anyway, kep rockin Mckay :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, sarahrose314. I wrote the poem. For whatever I pressed anonymous by accident. Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it. 

on May. 30 2013 at 12:53 am
Sarah_Rose17 SILVER, Windsor, Colorado

"Remember to trust others, it will one day be your saving grace."

Very vivid, visual poem. Nice work. It is definately dark but also very well written.