Blood Bath This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I turned on the shower,
and blood poured
out overhead.

Not bothered by the
red ribbons
that poured forth,
I got in the tub
and let the
scarlet streams soak my skin

and marinate my
soapy hair –
I washed my face,

wondering whose heart
I broke this time.

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:10 pm:
HEY EDITORS THIS IS MCKAY'S WORK GET ON TO CHANGING THE ANONYMOUS. NOW. XD anyways, I was going to post a comment before months ago, but I had a power surge when I was typing it out and I had forgotten to revisit this poem and retype it out :P I think it went along the lines of "Beautifully repulsive" or something like that XD I love the metaphor, and it was extremely difficult not to picture this (I agree with Laugh) as the imagery an... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm :
Hey, Krasota(-Butterflies-and-Angels), thank you for the comment. I appreciate it. And I agree with you: EDITORS CHANGE ANONYMOUS ALREADY TO MCKAY! XD Thank you!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:27 pm:
I thought I commented on this before, yes i did, hmmmmm I guess it didnt post. Anyway, I like it. I like how you say "Marinate my hair" because thats really cool. Overall I dont think that it was your best poem, but I do think that it is really good. :) Also, its kina hard not to imagine this.... haha anyway, kep rockin Mckay :)

Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:34 pm :
I'm happy it's hard to imagine this. It's rather macabre, in my opinion. By the way, I also agree with. This isn't my best. Or so I think. It rather shocked me when it said it got a red check mark. Sometimes, it the ones we least expect it that receive so much praise and love. Thanks, Liv.

sarahrose314This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30, 2013 at 12:53 am:
Very vivid, visual poem. Nice work. It is definately dark but also very well written. 

May 30, 2013 at 2:03 pm :
Thank you, sarahrose314. I wrote the poem. For whatever I pressed anonymous by accident. Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.