Blood Bath This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I turned on the shower,
and blood poured
out overhead.

Not bothered by the
red ribbons
that poured forth,
I got in the tub
and let the
scarlet streams soak my skin

and marinate my
soapy hair –
I washed my face,

wondering whose heart
I broke this time.

CallMeSunshine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Incredibly unique and completely original :) I love it!!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 10 at 3:43 pm
Thank you :)!

PargaranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Amazing! I loved how you tied it all together in the end. Showering in the blood of a broken heart? Perhaps washing yourself of it? Creepy...but in a good way. Loved it (:

Jul. 10 at 3:42 pm
Thanks. I'm glad you found it so. My poetry can be eerie, macabre at times. I relish homogenizing the macabre with beauty. Something about them both together tantalized my literary appetite. 

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is creepy, yet amazing!! How could you think of such a genius theme and put it so well?! wow.

Jul. 10 at 3:39 pm
Not sure. It just came out of nowhere. My pencil started writing non-stop. And poof! This came, ex nihilo. Thanks for reading. 

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
omg STAHP, YOU WONDERFUL WOMAN  

HAHAHA! I'd love to. But I can't! I'm cursed, or perhaps blessed more than I should have been. XD Thank you, Ada. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Simply outstanding. Well done and congrats, you really do deserve the praise (and some extra).

Hahahaha. Thanks. I truly appeciate that. Means so much and makes my day. (Actually, my whole d*mn year.) But some people might think that sounds needy. Regardless, thank you, Chris. 

half.noteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great poem, Mckay! Very clever. I really loved it. :D

Half.note, thank you so much. Truly appreciate it. 

AcidRoses said...
That was amazing haha. This reminds me of a scene from the music video 3 AM by eminem where he is sitting in a bath tub full of blood. Very demented but oddly beautiful at the same time. Beautiful writing of course lol. Amazing, amazing job. 

No way! Really? Now, I have to go see that video. I dunno why I've never heard of it before. Some fan! Thank you, AcidRoses, for the comparison. 

LiliaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
People complain of the visual, but I loved it. It was twisted and raw and haunting and the visual is the perfect way to describe it. I applaud your talent

Lilia, thank you. It's true that some people are overly sensitive to such visuals. But as long as there are people like you who appreciate "art" I've no worries. But will continue to express the demented imagery of my mind. Thanks. 

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is so fantastic!!!!!

thank you, sarah98

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Okay beside the instant visualizing showering and blood punding over my head. Pretty good poem. I like your imagery was fanonmal, I like your word choice and how it's like in your work your in a tub of blood and yet you don't freak out. The ending was my favorite though where you ask " who's heart has a broken this time."

Hey, fallenoutofgrace, long time no see. Thank you for the feedback. I deeply appreciate it. My mind is demented really. Twisted like a labyrinth. I'm inspired by the weirdest things. And envision many vivid scenes. I'm not sure how I came up with this poem. I'm just happy I did. Thank you so much!