Blood Bath | Teen Ink

Blood Bath MAG

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I turned on the shower,
and blood poured
out overhead.

Not bothered by the
red ribbons
that poured forth,
I got in the tub
and let the
scarlet streams soak my skin

and marinate my
soapy hair –
I washed my face,

wondering whose heart
I broke this time.

I was showering when I had the epiphany for this poem. Do yourself a favor and not visualize such scene.

dkat_ SILVER said...
on Apr. 9 2018 at 11:49 pm
dkat_ SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida

“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.”

― Benjamin Mee, We Bought a Zoo

Absolutely LOVE THIS!

on Mar. 18 2015 at 3:20 am
TheDolphin ELITE, Iloilo, Other
this is so amazing..... an outstanding product of your uniqueness and peculiarity....

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jul. 10 2014 at 3:43 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you :)!

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jul. 10 2014 at 3:42 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. I'm glad you found it so. My poetry can be eerie, macabre at times. I relish homogenizing the macabre with beauty. Something about them both together tantalized my literary appetite. 

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jul. 10 2014 at 3:39 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Not sure. It just came out of nowhere. My pencil started writing non-stop. And poof! This came, ex nihilo. Thanks for reading. 

on Dec. 2 2013 at 4:16 pm
CallMeSunshine GOLD, Lehi, Utah

"Creativity takes courage."

Incredibly unique and completely original :) I love it!!

on Nov. 1 2013 at 1:27 pm
Pargaran SILVER, New Glasgow, Other

"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Amazing! I loved how you tied it all together in the end. Showering in the blood of a broken heart? Perhaps washing yourself of it? Creepy...but in a good way. Loved it (:

on Oct. 18 2013 at 2:42 pm
thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

This is creepy, yet amazing!! How could you think of such a genius theme and put it so well?! wow.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Sep. 30 2013 at 8:02 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

HAHAHA! I'd love to. But I can't! I'm cursed, or perhaps blessed more than I should have been. XD Thank you, Ada. 

east_of_ada said...
on Sep. 30 2013 at 7:58 pm
east_of_ada, Null, Other

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off." (via Anne Sexton,"For My Lover, Returning To His Wife")

"I think I made you up inside my head.'' (via Sylvia Plath, "Mad Girl's Love Song")

"You called it cosmic; I thought it was icy." (via Ada Coen)

omg STAHP, YOU WONDERFUL WOMAN  

Mckay ELITE said...
on Sep. 30 2013 at 7:58 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hahahaha. Thanks. I truly appeciate that. Means so much and makes my day. (Actually, my whole d*mn year.) But some people might think that sounds needy. Regardless, thank you, Chris. 

on Sep. 21 2013 at 11:12 pm
ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Simply outstanding. Well done and congrats, you really do deserve the praise (and some extra).

Mckay ELITE said...
on Sep. 19 2013 at 8:08 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Half.note, thank you so much. Truly appreciate it. 

half.note said...
on Sep. 19 2013 at 7:10 pm
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
Great poem, Mckay! Very clever. I really loved it. :D

Mckay ELITE said...
on Aug. 2 2013 at 2:56 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Lilia, thank you. It's true that some people are overly sensitive to such visuals. But as long as there are people like you who appreciate "art" I've no worries. But will continue to express the demented imagery of my mind. Thanks. 

Mckay ELITE said...
on Aug. 2 2013 at 2:55 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

thank you, sarah98

Mckay ELITE said...
on Aug. 2 2013 at 2:54 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

No way! Really? Now, I have to go see that video. I dunno why I've never heard of it before. Some fan! Thank you, AcidRoses, for the comparison. 

on Aug. 1 2013 at 7:02 pm
AcidRoses SILVER, Elmont, New York

"Many that live deserve death and some that have died deserve life, can you give that to them? Do not be to hasty to deal out death and judgement, even the very wise cannot see all ends."

"Can't get no more free randy!"

That was amazing haha. This reminds me of a scene from the music video 3 AM by eminem where he is sitting in a bath tub full of blood. Very demented but oddly beautiful at the same time. Beautiful writing of course lol. Amazing, amazing job. 

Lilia PLATINUM said...
on Aug. 1 2013 at 7:01 pm
Lilia PLATINUM, El Cajon, California

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ~ Rumi

People complain of the visual, but I loved it. It was twisted and raw and haunting and the visual is the perfect way to describe it. I applaud your talent

sarah98 BRONZE said...
on Aug. 1 2013 at 6:58 pm
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

this is so fantastic!!!!!