Our Summer | Teen Ink

Our Summer

By Sarah221 SILVER, Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
Sarah221 SILVER, Parkesburg, Pennsylvania

I'll always remember bare feet beside glistening water and beach towels
I'll always remember bleach blonde hair sparkling in the sun like chipped glass on the roadside
I'll always remember grass as green as the evergreen forest and as thick as the chocolate pudding my grandma would make
I'll always remember an elderly wooden wing that swayed in the wind like a seagull afraid to land
I'll always remember huge hair ties hanging loosely on my wrist alongside Henna tattoos
I'll always remember long exhausting walks with best friends by my side
I'll always remember waving goodbye and wishing that the day would never end

What inspired me to write this was the summer of 2011. That was the best summer and it is a time I will never forget.

JRaye PLATINUM said...
on May. 28 2013 at 7:39 pm
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

This is the sweetest poem! :) Now I'm aching for summer to start, I definetly won't stay cooped up in the house like most summer when there are all these memories to be experienced like the ones you beautifully described here :) Awesome job, keep up the good work!

on May. 27 2013 at 11:14 pm
Brett.Blair BRONZE, Jackson, Georgia

"Nothing will ever be perfect, but can always improve"

"People say life has lessons, Life is a Lesson that you will use for Externity"

Great Job!

itsana GOLD said...
on May. 27 2013 at 6:28 pm
itsana GOLD, Plano, Texas

"best way to save humanity is to turn the monsters against one another"~neil shusterman

Beautiful summer! It inspires me to have a good summer! Thank you for that.   

Zach_M said...
on May. 27 2013 at 11:05 am
I honestly don't get inspired that much to write, but for some crazy explanation, you have given me an inspiration to write about the beauty of laughter during the summer. Which it's not at all what it sounds like, but hopefully when I finish it was glisten as much as your poem does. Great job, and thank you :)