the fade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The same dream
came late last night
I looked at my hand and
it was twelve
I looked again
and it was dawn
I was delicate steel
hard and cold as diamond
light as the gray ash
that flies for miles long after
the fire is gone
I saw it touch the clouds
saw it brush the hills with
orange watercolor,
felt a distant warmth
on my ironclad back
and I let go, collapsed
on the face of that mountain
and I slept
for a long while
until the light receded
and I awoke in the dark.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23 at 4:51 pm:
I think many people can relate to this poem in one way or the other. It's beautiful. Like I say that a lot. BUT THIS IS! The imagery is simple but clear. I love the concept of it. The title too. I'm in love with your details right now. Buen trabajo! 

BrisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 25 at 8:37 am :
Gracias :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:19 pm :
Haha, I have chills from how beautiful this is, I really love it, good job