Marine | Teen Ink

Marine

By starsick143 GOLD, Akron, Ohio
starsick143 GOLD, Akron, Ohio

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising everytime we fall."
- Confushious

This is the one thing i cannot go wrong with. this is the one dream i WILL get glory out of. when every waking day is a triumph, and every night you fall asleep with pride. this is the one thing i know i was made for. it is everything i was looking for: danger, physical challange, mental challange, close bonds, world travel, pride, and the absolute success. it just amazes me that i have finally came to a bridge worth crossing. and i know, going into this, i am setting myself up for hell, i am setting myself up for homesick, i am setting myself up for death. and after all i have been through mentally, emotionaly and physicaly, i am not scared. for i have already found out one of the most important lessons in life, that i am my own biggest fear, that i am my own worst enemy, and i am my own best friend. nothing can make me want this any less, and i know God is going to make me earn it, i know he is going to try and distract my emotions anyway to get me from joining,just to prove to me that if i want it bad enough, i will get it. i will overcome my emotions, and i will stick my head high and go out and become the MARINE i was ment to be, born to be.