My Life Then | Teen Ink

My Life Then

By heatherbug DIAMOND, Elon, North Carolina
heatherbug DIAMOND, Elon, North Carolina

There's too much hatred in this world. Everything seems to be crumbling around me. I feel like I've collapsed on the ground, no room to breathe. No one here for me, seems like nothing else can go wrong. I look down; I can almost see the Earth splitting beneath my feet. Like I'm looking down into a dark hole, my early grave. Stress. I used not to be like this. I've had happiness before. I've thought that nothing could make my life better, but with every day it got better. I had never felt this good before. Then you left, my world turned to darkness, everything fell apart, and it’s all been downhill since then. The weight of the world, I swear I feel it on my shoulders. I've never been like this before, I've had low moments, but never before have I hit the bottom. Now that your gone, it feels like everything hits me harder and the world is crumbling around me. I no longer have you to run to. You lite up my world and made everything seem so much better than what it really was. Now it's dark, and nothing goes right. If I could, I'd sleep the days away. In my dreams I get to see you and all the darkness goes away. Yes, you haunt me in those dreams, but getting to "see" you in my dreams is better than not seeing or hearing your voice at all. Sometimes I swear I can't take it anymore, but then I remember what you used to say to me. Just keep on pushing, don't ever give up, and that gives me the little strength I have left to keep on. So here I sit, putting all my emotions on this page that no one will ever read. You'll never see it, you'll never hear it. In my obscured mind, this is my way of talking to you and telling you how much I miss you. Then it hits me right in my chest, hard. I miss you....