The Boy I Used To Know | Teen Ink

The Boy I Used To Know

May 16, 2013
By heatherbug DIAMOND, Elon, North Carolina
heatherbug DIAMOND, Elon, North Carolina
71 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Let’s weep together like we've done a thousand times. I'll dry your eyes once again. The next day you'll be gone and I won’t hear from you till next time you want me. Now it just seems like you’re an image of a boy I used to know. Every detail of your face makes me recall all the times you f***ed things up. It's always the same, you say you changed, but you never do. That look in your eyes makes it all seem so true. I'll be calm and bow my head as you walk by. You always said I caught your soul with a gentle smile, but you destroyed mine with a smirk. You won’t have to worry about me crying for you. Don't you shout at me as you walk out that door, because I'm only a moment away from screaming. In the back of my mind I can hear every word you have to say, but I don't want to weep anymore. I gave myself a good talking to. No longer do tears run down my face for you. No longer do I want you here. You’re just a vivid image of a boy I used to know. I can't find a way to make myself love you anymore; I don't want to waste my time. I can't let you do what you want to do anymore. I recall all those time you ruined everything. I've tried all I can, there's no getting through. I hope you get what you deserve. I know there is a better man waiting out there for me. Except this time, if he doesn't come soon, I won’t run to you. I can't believe a damn thing you say anymore anyway. Tell me why, why does it have to be this way? Why can't you change!? I'm falling over all the words and lies you've said. That's it; I'm done, because now you’re just an image of a boy I used to know.