Color | Teen Ink

Color

By TheRealMVDarko BRONZE, Maseru, Other
TheRealMVDarko BRONZE, Maseru, Other

"Creativty is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep'

Color is a lie. I see what my eye sees, but do you really see what I see? Does our vision collide together in the plane of sameness?

The boy cannot tell, cannot speak, he’s loved her since God-knows-when. He cannot fathom the love that makes him unlovable. He loses his voice whenever she comes near. She’s a vision undreamed; He’s cowardly and meek.

He’s blue like the ocean, kill my breath, swallow me whole.

My eyes see beyond the sea, heighten my supremacy, but can we not see together in the plane of sameness?

She see him walking, his clique surrounds him like bees. He’s tall, he’s all. She presses herself against the wall. How shameful he is. How shameful she is! She loves him unrequitedly, and quietly when she sleeps, she sees it in her mind. Him walking tall. Her against the wall. She is orange like the kiss of summer and diet-mountain dew.

“I’ve known you too long you insufficient prick!” and he drowns himself with the poison of his mind. She throws the ring in his face, and sends him tumbling into the stars. On desolate roads he walks, in fatherless wells they drown.

He’s red like hell’s fire, moaning on the horizon.

Do we not toil together in search of happiness?

Is your blue my blue? Is it anything at all?

Starved, the boy scratches his glassy iris. His scalp is a graveyard and insects clog in his belly. She extends her hand to him and gives him life. He smiles and waves, he doubles-over with joy.

And that’s why he’s purple like lily-eaten moths, circling around.

Yellow like the sun, helping us all out.

Magenta like the love shared between you and me.

Green like the vastest oceans we ever did see.

My eyes seek to find planes viewed through ultraviolet lenses.

My eyes seek to see the truth behind what they don’t want us to see.

My eyes seek to seal the fate of our human race.

My eyes seek to feel; ultra-violet, ultra-real.

My eyes seek to seal the fate of our extraterrestrial race.

My eyes seek to see in color.

Color is a lie