How to Love | Teen Ink

How to Love

May 14, 2013
By SamuelSudlow PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland
SamuelSudlow PLATINUM, Baltimore, Maryland
33 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dream big, because inspiration, like fire, spreads rapidly. - Me


There is this weird thing called love, something that changes a person, First, you have to have an open heart, like a window that opens by your will, Second, you need to turn your wi-fi off and your heart on, There is a connection worth more than a web browsing one, This eye-to-eye and hand-to-hand, Pause the show because it’s On Demand, you can always go back to it, But you cannot return to the girl of your dreams once you’ve fallen asleep, Third, let your ears accomplish what your eyes cannot, Do not look at someone for their outer appearance, Let their personality be the fuel for your heart, that drives you crazy about them, Fourth, remember that respect is sexy, Walking up to your potential significant other and assuming they’re easy is cheesy, Don’t just stare at them and wonder, “Can you please me?” Fifth, consistency is important, I’ve learned from experience, Once you’ve passed the beginning phase, keep up the positive attitude, Easier saying it than living it, Sixth, be yourself, shouldn’t that be first? Anyways, love is eternal, it is a fire that cannot be extinguished, Its exquisite elements, not of carbon or copper, It fills you up in a way that makes you forget the whopper, Love makes you feel like you need to get to the chopper, But you’re already in the air, falling, Not to your death, but merely, In love.