This is a Nothing Poem | Teen Ink

This is a Nothing Poem

By Wondering_About_Infinity SILVER, New York, New York
Wondering_About_Infinity SILVER, New York, New York

"I'm nobody! Who are you?" -Emily Dickinson

Lalalalalalalala.
This is a nothing poem.

It’s about

Hum-di-dum

Nothing.

Or maybe it’s

About everything.

Could be this

Poem holds the secrets

Of life

In it’s verses.

Sdklgjas;ldkgjlasjdg.

Decode that.

If you can.

Then either you

Have figured out

What makes the world

Tick;

Or, the more likely: you

are crazy.

Am I crazy?

What am I?

Everything?

Nothing?

What if my whole

Life is a

Dream?

I don't really know what this poem is... But please comment- even if it's just "I hate this."
(I hate getting "YOUR ARTICLE HAS HAD 100 VIEWS. NO COMMENTS.)
thank you

on Dec. 28 2015 at 10:11 am
Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

I thought this was funny at first- but if one actually gives some thought to it, the poem can be very philosophical. As our friends have pointed out, the ending could have been stronger; but it was very enjoyable nonetheless, great job!

on Mar. 13 2014 at 1:33 pm
BurrThistle GOLD, Jaipur, Other

Write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect

Oh, i'm sorry. I don't think i should have said anything.  Listen up, kids - Drugs are bad. But good job, though

on Mar. 11 2014 at 11:12 pm

oh my goodness, I'm gonna repeat that. "like I was high"-- haa, something about that is cracking me up. (Maybe because I'm one of those straight and narrow people who never took a sniff...)

on Mar. 11 2014 at 9:57 am
BurrThistle GOLD, Jaipur, Other

Oh!!! Hahaha well, that was random.... but it was nice... like you wrote it when you were high

OldYoungOne said...
on Aug. 13 2013 at 3:13 pm
I love this poem! It makes me laugh and enjoy it. I want to read it again just so I can laugh. This is so refreshing see as there some rather depressing poems on here. Great job!

on Jun. 24 2013 at 2:13 pm
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

Now that I read it again, it kind of reminds me of my poem "Silent Secrets". Check it out, see if you know what I mean.

on Jun. 24 2013 at 2:09 pm

This is definitely different, I like it! It just sounds like somebody thinking out loud. I can just picture this being performed in this little cafe/poetry place I used to go to with my older brother and his friends when I was younger. People would go up on stage and there was just this jazzy smooth feel to their words, it just flowed. It was such a cool little shop, so sad that it went out of business. Well, great job anyway! (The ending was a cliffhanger! And I don't know, it kind of fit for me. *shrugs*)    Oh and I totally know what you mean about the comments thing, my one article has like 3000 views. And two comments. -_- 

thewriter247 said...
on Jun. 23 2013 at 2:52 pm
Very nice. Simple but deep and fun to read. :)

on May. 30 2013 at 6:27 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Both are good! I just think the ending should be something more... surprising. It'll come to you. (:

on May. 29 2013 at 11:06 am

thank you so much Cutey-Beauty and TaylorWintry!  any ideas for the ending? is the concept good- that life is a dream- and the execution not good, or the other way around or what...? trying to figure it out..

on May. 28 2013 at 8:43 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Agree w/ Cutey-Beauty!! I was SO pulled in by the abstractness... wasn't expecting such depth within such simplicity. Impressive. I'm not too good at abstract stuff (I have to have a subject.), so when I see something abstract I just can't help but fall in love with it! If only I could write something like this... :) Improve the ending, as well! I see potential!!!

on May. 20 2013 at 12:24 am
Cutey-Beauty SILVER, Ulaanbaator, Other

Soli Deo Gloria.

I liked this a lot! Got me hooked from the very beginning. Nice and short-right to the point (eh, kindof? don't know if "nothing" has a point. Or maybe that is the point. idk) It looks like you just thought of this idea out of nowhere, yet the pace is nice and even and I don't get lost or confused at all (which is usually what happens with abstract pieces) and is overall well thought out. Very thought inducing as well. Wasn't quite satisfied with the ending though, I think you could have expanded a bit there. But anyway, that's all I have to critize. GOOD JOB! Keep on writing, you awesome person/writer! :D