cloudy day; late may. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

a sudden melancholia floods me –
holds me in an frostbite grip –
at the breakfast table as
i watch an inexplicable gust of wind
strip a blooming apple tree
of its last petals. my hand on the teapot
trembles.

when the clouds have darkened
to the deep koala gray
of my favorite jumper, it seems
such a comfort
to curl up in the rumbling presence
of the storm. this will give me time to fix
my umbrella.

HemingwaysDaughter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 1:22 pm:
aww thanks, i was really happy :3

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 3 at 1:52 pm:
Magnicent descriptions. Everything is very visual. Even the colors you choose. By the way, I love your username; so creative. But I must ask, is there any truth to it? Are you Hemingway's love child? ^U^

HemingwaysDaughter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 4 at 10:57 am :
i like to think i was sprung from florence welch's throat, marilyn monroe's laugh, fitzegerald's loss and hemingway's gut.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 4 at 1:51 pm :
I love all of those people. Monroe, not much. But the other AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. If you are, that's awesome.

Nov. 13 at 9:49 pm :
Congrats on the publication!!! Well deserved for this visionary piece.