Rehearsal Is Over (10:01pm) | Teen Ink

Rehearsal Is Over (10:01pm)

By drumsrawesome GOLD, Bethel, Vermont
drumsrawesome GOLD, Bethel, Vermont

In a small town where I spend my nights,
I find myself walking,
And it

Tastes

Like
Street lights shining, man-made stars, your eyes reflect and
Imitate luminescence, and cast watery reflections that only
Luna can see, her singular, round body is an
Eye, seeing all that you can not possibly anticipate, what's waiting in the shadows is
Nothing, and does not exist until it is imagined by you and only you, whatever
Creature may lurk, innocent or not, it speaks and the only sound to be heard is wind, and
Everything is exactly as it seems, because you are not Her, you are you on the cold ground.

And Peace and Fear
Reserve the same single room,
As usual.

Written 9/26/10
At this time I was in a play. Our rehearsals were in the lovely little town of Rochester, VT, and they got out late - sometimes as late as 10pm. This is kind of an ode to the beauty of that town at night combined with the feeling I was left with when rehearsal ended.

on May. 13 2013 at 1:07 pm
drumsrawesome GOLD, Bethel, Vermont
Thank you! I also love the imagery in this one, Yeah, I agree the title is very plain, it was just the first thing I thought of. And yes I do have some work better than this! Did you notice the capital letters beginning the lines spell out "SILENCE"? So my underlying message is "it tastes like silence" :)

on May. 13 2013 at 6:44 am
My_Precocious BRONZE, O&#39Fallon, Missouri

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
-Mahatma Gandhi

I really, really like this poem. I love the imagery and the sensual stimuli....I'm not much a fan of the title though. But, after reading that poem I fully believe you can do better :-) Write on!