Their Anthem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

To have your name shouted as a chorus
among the people is a feeling that you will
never understand until it's happening to you.
A simple chant becomes your anthem;
your eyes
open each morning remembering that
moment.
Their last bit of hope was placed in you and
to shatter that fragile trust would be an
unforgivable offense.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sorry a million times for taking all eternity to comment. Long week.  Anywho, this is one of my favorites by you. Can't say if I love it more than Tea Leaves or less. You know what let's say equal. This poem is powerful throughtout its entirety. I love the title. I love long titles at times. I felt empowered after reading this. I still do. Amazing work, Lauren!

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I appreciate that; thank you!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Hey, congrats on being publsihed today. (I was published too! With Blood Bath.) I'm happy for you. This is an excellent poem to be in the magazine. 

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wonderful! No wonder it won the check mark! Love the imagery and similes. Congrats :)

Thank you. Xo