I Have Nothing to Write

There was a time
When I could sit motionless
In front of this stupid piece of paper
And my mind would wander the globe
Feet pattering
Pencil scratching
The ideas flowing like rivers During spring run-off
Tumbling over sun-bleached earth
Trampled by generations of passer-by
The sunlight would splatter my shoulder
Like wet pain on a canvas
And I would have something to write
Besides my pathetic complaints that I cannot write at all
But now as silence reigns
Feet pattering
Pencil scratching
Ideas flowing like rivers
Coated in foggy sheets of ice
Muddling the water beneath
I have little to say
And none to listen

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:06 pm:
I love the imagery you used "The sunlight would splatter my shoulder/ Like wet paint on a canvas" That line, it draws up memories of what it's like to take a walk in the sunlit forest. All in all you really captured how writers feel when their doing well. Like they own the universe, or something! And then when we get writers block...Yeah. Rock on! And Write on!
Also the comment you left on 'Ode To My Character' was really, really, sweet and I wanted to say thank you b... (more »)

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:15 pm :
Thank you so much! I tried to convey my frustration at having absolutely nothing to write :)

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 17 at 11:38 pm:
This was so good! I love writings about writer's block! 5 stars!