Technology | Teen Ink

Technology

By KatlynTetzlaff SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
KatlynTetzlaff SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

I remember coming to school in first grade, when we had cubbies filled with books. Everything we did was out of a book. Over the years, technology advanced so much. We went from chalkboards to white boards, from white boards to SMARTBoards. We did more on computers than with books, and homework started to involve the internet. From the time that I was in middle schoo,l throughout high school technology became more of my life. Teachers started requiring more internet assignments and doing more research without books.
Children today rely on the internet. When they are doing homework and stumble across something they don't know they instantly look it up. With technology being so advanced, it causes kids to not be so creative anymore. They don’t put as much work and time into their work as much as we should. When my grandparents went to school there was no such thing as computers or internet, they had to do it all by what they learned throughout the day.
“Mom my homework won’t load,” are words we will soon hear from our children. Technology has become so advanced kids soon enough will not have to go to school. The teachers will put notes and homework on the internet and will teach kids how to do the lesson through it. Children who are sick can attend school by having a camera put in the classroom and watching it on TV.
Now, when first graders enter the classroom, they will be learning by a holographical teacher. Technology is growing as fast as humans are.