Black/Blacker/Blackest | Teen Ink

Black/Blacker/Blackest

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

The feathers of a crow are black
The ink of my pen is blacker
The pain of my heart is blackest

Just a little whimsical poem that sprang out of nowhere.

on Jun. 14 2013 at 3:16 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Hehehe...I know you won't :D And you're welcome.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

By the way, I wouldn't shoot you. Never. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

It's ok. ^u^ Thanks. Glad you love it regardless of what it is.

on Jun. 13 2013 at 2:38 am

- Maya Angelou

Oh shoot me! I naturally thought it was and didn't even bother to see how it wasn't 5,7,5....Of course it matters...It is an amazing poem though. I love it Mckay.... 

lackadaisicalwolf, Asdf, Other
This was supposed to be a reply, sorry >.<

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. 

lackadaisicalwolf, Asdf, Other
You're welcome, I'm glad to make you happy :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow, that's so nice of you, Saphira. Your work always amazes me too. However, this isn't a haiku. Thought I should let you know. Doesn't matter. But Thank you. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks so much, Wolf, for relating to my poem. It makes me happy in a way when people relate to my work. 

lackadaisicalwolf, Asdf, Other
This is really awesome! I feel exactly like this.

on May. 29 2013 at 5:05 am

- Maya Angelou

I LOve the title, I don't know why, it's just amazing. Pulled me to the poem. Also, I felt (maybe it's just me) that it wasn't just some whimsical thought :P   The Haiku is outstanding as always. Mckay, you never fail to amaze.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks, Krasota.

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

I quite like this! Short, sweet, concise...and beautifully melancholy! Nice work! :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Oops. Lexus. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks, Scar. ^u^ You're such awesome-sauce. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

It happens to me lately too, Lexua. So I know the pain. And thanks for the comment. And black is a cool color. And slimming too when you wear it.

on May. 21 2013 at 2:25 am
Scarlett_the_pegacorn BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Don't tell me how to live my life; I do what I want.

Absolutely love this! ;o This has gotta be one of my favorites of urs. ;3 

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

(Teenink stop making it so difficult for me to comment on people's work. I am trying to click 'Post a comment' not 'Share/bookmark'. JEEZE.) Anyways, I am done ranting, Mckay I love this! I like this darker side to your work, how impressive. I love the title and how well the picture goes with it. You create some very vivid imagery in here for the reader.. I loved all the pictures that painted into my head. And though the color used was black, this poem popped some real color into my head. Black deserves some recognition, doesn't it? People take the color for granted. Poor black. Anyways, I love this. Great job, as always, love yo' girl Lexus.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. My poetry used to be darker, when I was going through that I'm-depressed-just-being-a-rebellious-teen-phase. But this is just a little whimsy of a piece. Glad you like it, and find it "rad". Maybe in the future I'll add more darker pieces. Dunno yet. Thank you, MyApocalyptic.

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

Oh, my! Great to see a darker side of your poetry. The imagery is rad :)