Black/Blacker/Blackest

The feathers of a crow are black
The ink of my pen is blacker
The pain of my heart is blackest

lackadaisicalwolf said...
You're welcome, I'm glad to make you happy :)

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks. 

lackadaisicalwolf replied...
This was supposed to be a reply, sorry >.<

lackadaisicalwolf said...
This is really awesome! I feel exactly like this.

Thanks so much, Wolf, for relating to my poem. It makes me happy in a way when people relate to my work. 

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 29, 2013 at 5:05 am
I LOve the title, I don't know why, it's just amazing. Pulled me to the poem. Also, I felt (maybe it's just me) that it wasn't just some whimsical thought :P   The Haiku is outstanding as always. Mckay, you never fail to amaze.

Wow, that's so nice of you, Saphira. Your work always amazes me too. However, this isn't a haiku. Thought I should let you know. Doesn't matter. But Thank you. 

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:38 am
Oh shoot me! I naturally thought it was and didn't even bother to see how it wasn't 5,7,5....Of course it matters...It is an amazing poem though. I love it Mckay.... 

It's ok. ^u^ Thanks. Glad you love it regardless of what it is.

By the way, I wouldn't shoot you. Never. 

Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:16 am
Hehehe...I know you won't :D And you're welcome.

Krasota This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I quite like this! Short, sweet, concise...and beautifully melancholy! Nice work! :D

Thanks, Krasota.

Scarlett_the_pegacorn said...
May 21, 2013 at 2:25 am
Absolutely love this! ;o This has gotta be one of my favorites of urs. ;3 

Thanks, Scar. ^u^ You're such awesome-sauce. 

LexusMarie said...
(Teenink stop making it so difficult for me to comment on people's work. I am trying to click 'Post a comment' not 'Share/bookmark'. JEEZE.) Anyways, I am done ranting, Mckay I love this! I like this darker side to your work, how impressive. I love the title and how well the picture goes with it. You create some very vivid imagery in here for the reader.. I loved all the pictures that painted into my head. And though the color used was black, this poem popped some real color ... (more »)

It happens to me lately too, Lexua. So I know the pain. And thanks for the comment. And black is a cool color. And slimming too when you wear it.

Oops. Lexus. 

MyApocalyptic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh, my! Great to see a darker side of your poetry. The imagery is rad :)

Thanks. My poetry used to be darker, when I was going through that I'm-depressed-just-being-a-rebellious-teen-phase. But this is just a little whimsy of a piece. Glad you like it, and find it "rad". Maybe in the future I'll add more darker pieces. Dunno yet. Thank you, MyApocalyptic.