My Glass Prison

Wish I had wings, rain-clouds meet my eyes,
Up and out, that like a bird I would fly.
I fear neither death nor pain,
But rather protection from this free-falling rain.
All my fear, brings,
To my eyes a tear.
Fear of a cage, that I might not escape,
And all chance of expression is gone.
The heavens are as brass, and I jealously see the freedom,
That of the trees in the wind,
And in the ground, grass,
But I am trapped,
Behind this prison of see-through glass.

NataleeIreneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:11 pm:
I would say that this poem accurately describes the feelings of just about every person sitting in a classroom against their will

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:15 pm :
that is what i was going for.

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 13 at 10:50 am:
I want wings so bad!! and I love rain and I really hate school. And windows.

Jun. 13 at 6:54 pm :
i suppose that was the idea of the poem:P

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 14 at 12:30 pm :
:) yeah I guess