The Place she Lives | Teen Ink

The Place she Lives

By ttdomandbyd05 BRONZE, Berne, Indiana
ttdomandbyd05 BRONZE, Berne, Indiana

There is a place she lives that is not a house or a home. It is a small space that beats almost in silence. That is however, until she awakes in the morning with a radiant glow upon her face,for that place of residence grows ten sizes and beats at a louder pace. She will never be able to pack her things and leave this place she calls home, she is trapped for better or worse in sickness and in health. This place is warm and keeps her alive. It pumps out blood that is not hers; yet it still creates the oxygen in her lungs. The thumping never aggravates her or wakes her in the night,but it sooths the soul in the place that it is in. The walls will never come down around her through fire or flood, For the place she lives is were the body pumps my blood

i wrote this for my girlfriend. it seemed like a sweeter way to say you live in my heart forever.

on May. 2 2013 at 8:06 am
ttdomandbyd05 BRONZE, Berne, Indiana
thank you (:

Mckay ELITE said...
on May. 1 2013 at 3:27 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I love your inspiration for this poem. I adore the grim quality and message of the poem, the helplessness you convey. It's sad, but not maledramatic. Well done. I hope all things work out with your girlfriend. I really do. Fingers crossed.