The Vending Machine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In the wet blackness,
Stood a vending machine,
Its light glowing brightly as ever,
Dutifully flaunting rows of canned drinks
To the bellowing winds and icy water,
Shunned by the rainy night,
Like a cringing salesman
With a door in his face.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:10 am
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:16 am
"Like a cringing salesman ......With a door in his face" Loved that part...the rest of it too...but I liked that part cause the imagery there just caught me up. Nice poem!

lynlivesforhim said...
You really take a topic that is unusual and give it an amazing twist. Great personification and imagery.

SilentNinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love how you used personification here

swat17 said...
The imagery is awesome! I love how it sort of instills a sense of hope. Great free verse

KatielinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love how you chose an inanimate object and made it real, with feelings.

Elisa99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great description and personification!

WonderWisherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Well,it was very descriptive.I could actually see it in my minds eye!great describing!It could mabey be just a bit longer,but thats it!

LiraDaeris said...
I feel like this vending machine a lot. Good job.