The Vending Machine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In the wet blackness,
Stood a vending machine,
Its light glowing brightly as ever,
Dutifully flaunting rows of canned drinks
To the bellowing winds and icy water,
Shunned by the rainy night,
Like a cringing salesman
With a door in his face.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 5:10 am:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Apr. 27 at 2:16 am:
"Like a cringing salesman ......With a door in his face" Loved that part...the rest of it too...but I liked that part cause the imagery there just caught me up. Nice poem!

lynlivesforhim said...
Apr. 22 at 7:03 pm:
You really take a topic that is unusual and give it an amazing twist. Great personification and imagery.

SilentNinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 20 at 10:10 pm:
I love how you used personification here

swat17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 20 at 7:47 pm:
The imagery is awesome! I love how it sort of instills a sense of hope. Great free verse

KatielinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 20 at 7:18 pm:
I love how you chose an inanimate object and made it real, with feelings.

Elisa99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 20 at 1:57 pm:
Great description and personification!

WonderWisherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 18 at 9:17 pm:
Well,it was very descriptive.I could actually see it in my minds eye!great describing!It could mabey be just a bit longer,but thats it!

LiraDaerisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 18 at 9:15 pm:
I feel like this vending machine a lot. Good job.