Consumed

They say
Play with dignity,
Equity,
Integrity.

I say
Play aggressively,
Fearlessly,
Successfully.

They say it's just a game.
I say play to win.
'Cause winning isn't sinning
If you deserve it in the end.

I'm the last one standing
When the competition's done.
When the trophy's in my hands
Is when I have my fun.

So I refuse
To lose.
I won't feel that shame.
Winning isn't sinning;
And it isn't just a game.

AcidRosesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:56 pm:
"Winning isn't sinning, and it isn't just a game." What a wonderful line. Great job. It's very true, and I think that the mindset that you described is the one that you need to have in order to be succesful. 

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 10 at 2:44 pm:
Beautiful poem! :) It flows so smoothly and like Sarah98 said, the mood is real intense, love it! Keep it up! :)

Padfoot507This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 11 at 4:31 pm :
Thanks so much! :)

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 7 at 5:15 pm:
i love the agreesive mood of this poem. check out some of my stuff?:D

Jul. 8 at 2:07 pm :
Thanks! Will do! :)