Inferno

Run away
From the flame;
This fire
Is not tame.
Take a breath,
Beating heart,
Run before you're torn apart.

OldYoungOne said...
You know how I said that I couldn't feel the poem? Well not in this case. There is a deep meaning that is actually can internalize and interpret. Fire can be someone's fear or could be used to describe love itslef. The versatile meanings this poem can take on makes it wonderful poem. Well done.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you so much. It means alot :)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there! I love the title! The simplicity of this poem is perfect. You were able to say everything you needed to say in seven short lines which can be difficult. The rhymes are spot on, everything flowed really well. You did a WONDERFUL job with this poem.

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the rhythm of this piece! Great job! My only suggestion is to put "is not tame" on the same line as "this fire." It would flow a little better to the ear if you did that (as it would have a similar number of syllables as "run before you're torn apart"). You don't have to take my suggestion, though, since this is a beautiful poem! Have a great day! :D

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Simplistic. But vivid. I could feel the seething flames radiating from your enitre poem. Well done.

NewYorkLove said...
This is really well-written. The simplicity is great and yet does a fabulous job of getting the message across. A critique would be to maybe have a more descriptive second internal rhyme but the rest was amazing X.

KealliiRaycene said...
Beautiful! I love how simple it is! 

Thanks so much :)

Alex_Writer replied...
Oh my gosh!!  How can such a short poem be written so it portrays so much more?  You did an excellent job at this; the fire can be interpreted into many different things.  Love it!

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow i love how its has a nice flow i love this part " run before your turn apart" really imergy with that :3