Sharp

Sharp stones,
all points, no
smooth edges,
break my
porous bones;

Sharp glass,
clear, candid,
and yet jagged,
lacerates my
ashy skin;

Sharp kisses
from your cold
ruby lips mock
and humble my
loveless spirit;

Sharp looks
from you eyes
search through the
innermost me
—strips me nude;

Sharp words,
all hate no
love, tear my
vulnerable
heart apart.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Ohhh girl, this was greeeat! The first stanza, oh my god, I know, my rocks in the front yard always stab my feet, ha! The second stanza, that is so good, it made me feel all weird, it was wicked! The third stanza, how cold! I love that 'sharp kisses'. The fourth, ooooh, I read it over and over. The last line, oh my! The last stanza is great, tells another story, I love that one. You should write another but with animals instead of humans. Sharp teeth, sharp eyes, sharp voice, sharp fur, ... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you, Lexus. You will always make me smile. And your feedback always brings me joy. Hope that doesn't sound creepy or clingy ^u^. Thanks as always.

Cutey-Beauty said...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:21 am
I liked how you used the word 'sharp' to describe hurting everything in a human being-body, mind, soul, emotion...all of that was in there. Loved it :) And your descriptive use of adjectives is great!

Thank you very much.