I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

Kira V. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Good job on your poem! I loved it! :)

Zithia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is pefect up until the last line which is a cliche.  The rest of it is so strong, though.  Create a last line that lives up to, or even exceeds, the rest of the poem.

cheerjulia replied...
I couldn't agree more.

BlueSunset said...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 4:02 am
Lovely piece of work, simple yet effective ;) xx keep it up :D

EstherMarie117 said...
Sept. 14, 2012 at 11:49 am
Loved it :) Very simple yet beautiful. I can relate. I went through something exactly like this recently and I feel the same way.

. said...
Great work - really enjoyed it.

writerauter said...
you did a really good job:) i can tottally relate to it, which is cool. keep on writing!!!!!!!!!!!!:)))

mmk96 said...
Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:43 am
this is very good(:

InkWriter13 said...
Nice and simple. It is clear, concise, and focused. Great work on this. A powerful message. Very real, very vivid, very insightful. Loved it. 5 stars. Would you please comment on my poems titled Wizard of Words and Onward and Upward?

shays said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:28 am
love love love!!

abcd said...
I'm sure this piece was supposed to be uplifting, but it was more like a mash-up of several hackneyed terms. There was nothing new or intelligent about it, just another angsty poem.

writerauter replied...
im sorry, call me stupid. but what do the words hackneyed and angsty mean??

abcd replied...
Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:34 am
Hackneyed means repeated to the point that it loses its meaning. A better word for me to have used would be cliched. Angsty just means full of angst, which is like anger and sadness mixed together. People normally say "angst" if the emotion was overly dramatic.

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I agree with abcd.

Music-Maniac1498 replied...
Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 am
I disagree with @abcd. I really like this poem. Many people can relate to it. The only reason it is "hackneyed" (or whatever the word is) is because many people go through this exact thing. You did an excellent job on this poem. Not many girls see that you don't need a man to feel good about yourself and that is eactly what you're saying in this poem! Ladies, be strong!!

Aduke9 said...
That was an amazing poem. Go Free!!

theArtichoke said...
Gorgeous peom. Thank you for sharing this piece of art with the rest of us! I feel like in your well chosen words you've captured the meaning of freedom! You geniune talent! Do keep writing!

anonymous said...
This poem really isn't that great in my opinion. I see the emotion, but other than that idk why it was even posted in the magazine. 

Kenziemcm13 said...
OMG! I love this poem! I can relate to it so much! My ex now has been playing me off and on he keeps crawling back to me when he has no other "girls" that will take him. (Note: why I say "girls" like that is for they do not have class or respect for themselves they only want him for one thing, if you get what I mean.) So I have been torn apart by him my heart hasbeen riped open multiple times. Once I think he is out of my life, once I am over him he shows up and wants me back and I am to stupid ... (more »)

Fantasy100 said...
I like how its about what happen in the past and how the reaction taken was for the better