I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

Poetry32388 said...
today at 11:05 pm
Beautiful work! You have serious talent!

J_D_M said...
Jul. 14 at 9:53 am
very nice. can someone read my poem?

laina1415This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 6 at 11:32 am
I love how its not too long, or detailed but its still so amazing! I love it

Akanksha005This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 5 at 1:41 am
This is such a simple yet amazing poem.

Taylor_M. said...
May 10 at 3:49 pm
It's a great poem and I love it but maybe add some punctuation in to finish it.

adelea replied...
May 16 at 3:40 pm
but the lack of punctuation is part of the style!

invisible_to_allThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 8 at 3:15 pm
I love this poem there is something in you that made this unique and just you keep writing or typing ok you are doing great!!!!

HereSheIsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 7:06 pm
This poem is so full of feeling. Reading it is like belting "Let it Go" from Frozen. I love it

NJacobYThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3 at 2:35 pm
Descriptive and unique. I like it.

NJacobYThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 3 at 2:36 pm
500th comment :)

Soccergirl_MGSThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 2 at 9:16 am
That was really good! You are most definitely a very talented writer. I have some poems to if anyone would consider reading my article and telling me about it in the comments. Good job again!

leilawarnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1 at 6:58 pm
Great piece! You are seriously talented. Would anyone consider reading my article and critique in the comments. Possibly like it if you like it? Thanks :)

Savage14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 27 at 7:09 pm
I like this very much

Savage14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 27 at 7:09 pm
Can someone read my poem

Bacon.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 24 at 9:09 pm
This is so melancholy and beautiful. I love it so much! :)

MushhThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 13 at 1:56 am
Wow.. Beautiful :3

JennaLuvzYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 20 at 2:49 pm
I agree !!!! very beautiful !!

RebeccaMcC said...
Apr. 12 at 2:14 pm
I love this poem. I wish I could write as well as you do. Well done. You should be proud

MushhThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 13 at 1:54 am
Umm.. can you read mine too?? And well give a review and point out my mistakes? Please?

urworstnightmare replied...
Apr. 20 at 2:44 pm
no ur poem is probs trash bro