I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

Yaya21This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I started reading this and ii didnt want it to stop! i can really related to this!! this is amazing! great work!!! 

Ashelyn P. replied...
Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:34 pm :
I have one word to describe this poem and that is cliche."I take back my tears -- the wasted years". This poem is clearly about a person taking back all the heartache they wasted on another person. But my question for you is this: how many times in how many poems, movies, books, songs, etc. have you heard this same sentiment repeated? This poem would perhaps be a bit more interesting if you had somehow found a different more thought provoking way to convey your meaning. The imagery was... (more »)

Ashelyn P. replied...
Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:38 pm :
Sorry that was meant to be its own seperate comment not a reply.  

DemetriaSH said...
I believe that I must start by saying that your effort  towards writing a successful poem that evoked emotion was average. As the reader read through the poem, it was quite clear that the character was hurt. Although you made this obvious, other confusing components worked agaisnt you. In the first staza you stated "I take back my tears the wasted years I spent crying for what never could happen". I'm unclear as to what didn't happen and why sh... (more »)

Kira V. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Good job on your poem! I loved it! :)

ZithiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is pefect up until the last line which is a cliche.  The rest of it is so strong, though.  Create a last line that lives up to, or even exceeds, the rest of the poem.

cheerjuliaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm :
I couldn't agree more.

BlueSunsetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 4:02 am:
Lovely piece of work, simple yet effective ;) xx keep it up :D

EstherMarie117 said...
Sept. 14, 2012 at 11:49 am:
Loved it :) Very simple yet beautiful. I can relate. I went through something exactly like this recently and I feel the same way.

. said...
Great work - really enjoyed it.

writerauterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
you did a really good job:) i can tottally relate to it, which is cool. keep on writing!!!!!!!!!!!!:)))

mmk96 said...
Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:43 am:
this is very good(:

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:24 pm:
Nice and simple. It is clear, concise, and focused. Great work on this. A powerful message. Very real, very vivid, very insightful. Loved it. 5 stars. Would you please comment on my poems titled Wizard of Words and Onward and Upward?

shaysThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:28 am:
love love love!!

abcd said...
Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:03 pm:
I'm sure this piece was supposed to be uplifting, but it was more like a mash-up of several hackneyed terms. There was nothing new or intelligent about it, just another angsty poem.

writerauterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:34 pm :
im sorry, call me stupid. but what do the words hackneyed and angsty mean??

abcd replied...
Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:34 am :
Hackneyed means repeated to the point that it loses its meaning. A better word for me to have used would be cliched. Angsty just means full of angst, which is like anger and sadness mixed together. People normally say "angst" if the emotion was overly dramatic.

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 6:05 pm :
I agree with abcd.

Music-Maniac1498This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 am :
I disagree with @abcd. I really like this poem. Many people can relate to it. The only reason it is "hackneyed" (or whatever the word is) is because many people go through this exact thing. You did an excellent job on this poem. Not many girls see that you don't need a man to feel good about yourself and that is eactly what you're saying in this poem! Ladies, be strong!!

Aduke9This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 4:58 pm:
That was an amazing poem. Go Free!!