think like a 4 year old | Teen Ink

think like a 4 year old

April 10, 2013
By Writer206 BRONZE, Holland, Pennsylvania
Writer206 BRONZE, Holland, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
replace the fear of the unknown with curiosity


Isn’t it funny how when you’re a little kid you think you have it all figured out? I thought I would get married as soon as possible and have 100 kids. But sadly life in kindergarten isn’t the same when you get older. You have to think about college, dating, money, and drama. I wish I could just find the right person and get married when the time is right, have a reasonable amount of children, and just be happy. I wish drama could disappear into the vast of time and never come back. I wish I could get to the zenith of this mountain called life. But sadly I still feel as small as I was when I was just 6 years old but now I have something in my brain that tells me it will be hard. Why can we just think like those little kids again? Why can’t we believe that it will never get bad and that it will go by fast and easy? I’m sure the journey will be so much easier if we use our imagination that we had years ago. Don’t you miss how simple things were? When bad things would happen we just blocked it out of our mind and I didn’t worry about the future because we didn’t have to. We just decided that we wouldn’t let it get bad. I know reality came knocking at the door and made a persuasive fight, but do you want to live life in what ifs? Where is the 4 year old who had life all figured out?