falling down the rabbit hole

I wake up in this unfamiliar place
Surrounded by all these people I thought I knew.
What is all this,

Double meanings and hidden messages,
I must make sense of this deadly game
Or I shall die.

I am trapped
In this deadly dance of words
Where is the world I used to know?

Have I fallen down the rabbit hole
Into the real world?

Oh how I wish that I could climb out of this strange Place,but once in,
You can never leave.
Wish that I could just climb

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 11:58 am:
This is really really cool, i always love an Alice in Wonderland reference. I think your ending could have been stronger, or phrased differently, but i still liked it :) 4 and a half/5 :) 

WonderWisherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:01 pm :
Thanks!I actually submitted it before i was done.In my head there was a much better ending :)

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I could relate to this a lot! The people that you thought you knew quite well, all of a sudden they change(show their true face) and you just wish you had never entered into their world of politics and drama! I loved the irony in the forth stanza! Great job! :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is simply spectacular. Seriously. the message, metaphors, and allusions to Alice in Wonderland. Brilliant. My favorite line is "dealy dance of words". Awesome *Barney Stinson style*