Pencil Feathers

Pencil feathers
So gentle
So fine
It seeps down my page
Whisper soft
Wind delicate
My pencil feathers
Sprout into wings
One, two, three
They spread and fly
Off of my pencil
Out of my paper
Into the world
And all that is left
Is the ashes of my eraser’s dust.

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21 at 7:55 pm:
This was a great metaphor, especially for me since I am always comparing nature - often birds - to works of art. In a way, nature is its own work of art, and since we arouse from nature, our art parrellels its own. I really like this work. Keep writing! 

GuardianoftheStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22 at 10:55 pm :
Thank you! 

E.J.Mathews This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:34 pm:
Awesome! This really describes writing, or even drawing really well. I wasn't quite sure which one you were going for, but it doesn't matter, it was still fantastic! Great work! I don't write a lot of peoms, so I don't have the eye to look for mistakes in this, but it all looks great for me!

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:01 pm :
I'm glad you liked it! :D

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 21, 2013 at 5:16 pm:
Omg! I love how I can just sink into the poem and disapear within its words. I can totally understand your perspective and I love the imagery, especially when you describe the eraser dust as ashes and how you compared everything to wings. Keep it up :)

Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:50 am :
Thanks so much! :)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18, 2013 at 11:28 am:
Hey there! I love the title, it feels so simple and pretty to me, I really like it. And the picture goes really, really well with this. I also love what you put into the author's comment. I could not have said that any better, I completely agree. And I love the format of this poem. The lines are so short, but the words chosen on each line are so magical and pretty. I loved this. You made a simple observation into something wonderful. The descriptions are very vivid. And the colors in the pic... (more »)

May 18, 2013 at 10:36 pm :
Aww. ^__^ Thanks so much! That means a lot!!!