Chips

Fifty-two royal rectangles
Each hiding a different ecstasy
Seven lay in my palm at angles
My hand, which you cannot see

I can conceal my solid, steel grip
Of majestic, stately septuplets
I feel my blank expression starting to slip
My brow, once again, I knit

Tossing my faces upon the frigid, grainy wood
And feeling a smirk toy with my lips
I'd mutter one word, if I only could
With music in my lungs, I'd say "chips"

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:39 am:
I have no idea about how to play poker either :P Great work! 

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:28 pm :
Thank you! (:

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Your title is so misleading! Omg. I was expecting this poem to be about (my favorite) the yellow bag with the red label saying 'Lays'! Haha! (: But, even still, this was wonderful. I had no idea what it was about until I read the last line and then I got out of my stereo-typical hair color blonde moment and was like omg, poker! I don't know how to play either, but you made it sound so sovereign. I liked it a lot! How smooth it was. Word choices are excellent. Great job!

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:44 pm :
Thanks!! I appreciate all that you've done... You rock. :]

EmbraceURawesomenessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:59 pm :
Haha, I also thought this would be a munching-crunching type of poem. but TaylorWintry, this is awesome! I know close to nothing about poker (...it's played in a casiono sometimes?) but this poem makes me want to learn it. And the way you string your words together is frickin georgious!  Good job!

Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:30 pm :
Oh gosh... (; Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for taking the time to check out my stuff. (: