My Fear Is in the Cupboard

He’s in the cupboard—
He’s in the cupboard:
I stuffed his
Lifeless carcass there.
The knife yet bleeds
His thick black blood;
But he’s dead now:
I murdered Fear;
I killed that macabre sadist
And neatly stuffed the
Crumpled cadaver in the cupboard.

Hold the thought:
I hear him groaning.

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 4:03 pm:
lol sooo cool Take that chuckie lol :3

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:39 pm :
Haha. Yeah, I took him down. Creepy still but not as frightening. Thanks.

LiraDaerisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:33 am:
Ooo Hoo cool! :D I like your imagery in this!

yesterday at 2:05 pm :
Thanks. I know it's rather morbid. But I'm glad you like it.

Zach_MThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 6:56 pm:
haha, I can honestly say that this was fun to read, and the suspense at the end was priceless! Great Job

yesterday at 2:04 pm :
Thanks!!! :) I'm glad you liked the suspense at then end.

Cutey-BeautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 18 at 9:55 am:
Killed the fear, locked it in a cupboard....then the last line. Love how you built that suspense there...without being melodramatic or creepy. LOL.

Apr. 18 at 3:55 pm :
Good. Good. I was trying to go for that effect. Thanks. 

Apr. 18 at 3:56 pm :
The effect of not being creepy, that is.

samanthastephens2This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 17 at 10:29 am:
This seriously left me awestruck! 

Apr. 17 at 1:45 pm :
Thank you. That's so kind of you to say. I'm awe-struck for your saying so. I thought maybe everybody would see it as a cheesy poem. Thanks. :)