march hare

I am your march hare
leaping about, wildly
tossing my soft heart
I touch your velvet
bumpy spine and follow your
little long footsteps
into the nearly
melting snow, but find only
warm green suggestion

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:11 pm:
Is this an allusion to Alice and Wonderland. If not, it doesn't matter. I like the twist end, if it is a twist. Kinda reminds me of Corsot's twist ending with "Sea Chanty". By the way, at your persuasion, I did read Corsot. And am infatuated with him. Especially the poem "The Whole Mess About". or something like that. 

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:37 pm :
It's not. I saw an Artic hare in the melting snow and it was half-brown, half-white. AndthenIwroteapoem. Teehee.  

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:07 pm :
I was gonna ask how the h*ll you saw an Artic hare...until I remembered that you lived in Alaska and realized how stupid my question would be. XD Regardless, it's a fantastic poem. By the way, the Beat recently saved my life. For real. When I least expected it.