Child Speak

I see you every time
I stand up
To offer another of my
Mostly mostly worthless thoughts

And I want to scream at you
Child speak
Speak because
no one wants to hear
me anymore

Child Speak
Becasue words are powerful things
That should be exercised

Child speak`
because one day
your words will form armies
Using your body as a battlefield
Destroying you from the inside out

And after the battle
The winning army will have nowhere to march but up
Up, Up, Up
To your head
Where it will fight another war with your
Ideas
And Ideals
And Perceptions
and Beliefs
And Opinions
Until you explode!

Child Speak
because your words may
form a wave
that will finally push our boat back to shore
And that wave
Will become a tsunami
Washing away conformity
And starting a revolution

Child Speak
because your words are like gasoline
Fueling us
Driving us forward

They will make us laugh
And Cry
And Hurt
They will connect us
And divide us
And conquer us
And defeat us

They will set bonfires
To our previous perceptions
And they will clean up our ashes

Child Speak
Because even if you don’t mean to hurt us
You will
But without it
We are stalled

We Are Nothing

Child Speak
Because Without Your Words
WE ARE NOTHING

Child Speak
Because I’m sure your voice is beautiful
And we need your words
If only to give everyone a break from mine

Metal4Life said...
today at 5:22 pm:
"We Are Nothing Child Speak Because Without Your Words WE ARE NOTHING" I really like this poem! I love the repetition, it really brings out the true emotion and the point it seems you are driving home. This poem had a great deal of energy and emotion! Well done!

DeereGirl515This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13 at 4:42 pm:
I love this poem! Sometimes I feel like through writing is the only way I can make myself heard. Paper definitely has more patience than people. (:

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 8:34 pm:
Stellar, JUST STELLAR! Sorry if it took a while to nswet, i kinda got swamped in replies to the fourm. But, thi swas worth the wait! One thing, though.... when i first read this, ithought "Child Speak" was a phrase akin to "dwarfspeak" or "elfspeak" ie: a language of children. As such, when i realized the mistake i was biting my lip with lauhter as i read very absurd meaning in what should have been serious. I managed to read it again properly, and without lip biting or giggles, but perhaps the ... (more »)

7_AmbitionsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 1:17 pm:
Child speak` because one day your words will form armies Using your body as a battlefield Destroying you from the inside out   That was my favorite part of the poem , i really like the poem i feel like it had so much energy and vocie, i wish there were more than 5 stars , 5 stars is a understatement 

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9 at 4:46 pm:
"Because without your words, WE ARE NOTHING." I love that you capitalized "we are nothing". It makes it all the more unique.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9 at 1:59 pm:
Words are powerful. And so is this poem. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 9 at 2:00 pm :
Oh, and your structure, I love it. Very unique, not like everybody else. 

mollybug13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8 at 9:16 pm:
Really good but I think that it would have been better with 1 mostly in the 1st stanza instead of 2. 5/5

jmitchbbThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 8 at 9:23 pm :
I hadn't even realized that there was two mostly's. Thanks!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8 at 8:29 pm:
The first stanza is really powerful, I like that one a lot. This whole poem is a great read.. I really enjoyed it. I talk more than I should sometimes too and I just start rambling and the whole time I am waiting for someone to tell me to quiet down and no one does. But, again, great job!