The Torents Of A Life Forever Wet

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains.

But my rain falls on my pillow
In a dark corner of a sad room
with a shrine from my home in the light
the pieces of broken hope scattered about the floor

The rain in Spain Falls mainly on the plains

but my excessive rain falls on my palms
torn and bleeding with want and yearning
savagely grappling at a stilled heart

The Rain In Spain Falls mainly on the plains

But my rain comes from a cloud that hangs low on life
a shadowed finger amidst the bright colors
no more painted faces and silly clowns
bright makeup and flowy gowns

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains

but my rain has stopped
for now

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:15 am:
Wow, this is a very powerful poem, especially the ending, as if the plug has suddenly been pulled. I also love the "for now", as if the fight is not over yet. Great work! 

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I got chills as well... I loved the ending stanza. It was unexpected, and a very nice addition! This has taken me a while to figure out, but I like it. The rhyming at the ending is odd though. It's sudden (which you could imagine as being cool & different) but I didn't seem to like it. I felt that it was a bit... forced. A bit. But good job! I enjoye dreading this.

7_Ambitions said...
This poem brought shivers to my body, it was that amazing. I can related totally, great use of personification (if thats what you would call it ) This is defiently a strong piece with alot of voice , i loveeeeeeeeeee it !

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aww so sad. :(  Tan triste. I love the repition. And the emotion. O the emotion! I wanted to cry with you too. But the ending is happy although it may be temporarily.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is absolutely amazing. I feel the emotion in here and I feel how soaked my pillow is and the tears on my hands. I feel everything in this poem and that's something that is special about poems and you really brought it out in this one.. great, great job! The ending is soft and sweet and I am very impressed with this. You're great! Xx!

Literature_Darling said...
Very nice! I loved the how the final stanza broke free from the pattern!