The Poet

Poets write, authors write.
I am both yet neither.
I write, but I write life.
I write experiences.
Only time will tell if I quit or succeed.
Poets write,
Because they're the poet of life.

KenzicoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 8 at 7:19 pm:
love the last 2 lines, and that you tried to capture why poets write and what they do. Thanks for the inspiration.

JoyMasonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:00 pm :
your welcome, i believe inspiration is key to writing good works, so i'm glad you got some inspiration from this. thanx for reading 0u0

EbonyKnightThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
a true free verse. awesome.

Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm :
thanx 4 da comment i really appreciate it