Heart

heart
How can I give my heart when I'm afraid,
How can I look to you and feel trust,
I am crumbling,broken I feel nothing,
But when I see you my heart aches again,
Why do you do this to me?
I don't know I am heartless,
My heart turning to scars and dust,
It beats but not feel, who am I?
I don't know I am different,
You changed me but to better to worse no one will know,
I look to you and my eyes with tears sparkle,
you are me and I am you but how do I tell you,
that your everything that you,
How can a tree shed it's leaves if it knows it will die,
how can the sea make waves that could destroy everything,
how can love be trusted once you've been betrayed,
how can I let you in when I'm afraid to fall.
Would you caught me or laugh as I fall to the ground,
would you strip my wings away,
or would you save me,
How am I the one who have to feel this way when others love with no regrets,
How is it fair that I am betrayed when others are happy,
how is it I give you my heart and you crush it beneath you,
how is it that I am heartless now,
a cold statue where a heart should lie,
instead it lies in the bottom of the stony heart as dust,
no longer beating, no longer loving,
until someones saves it and me

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 24 at 5:12 pm:
all i can say is wow! this is so relateable im almost crying! Thanks so much for this poem!

KenzicoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yes this is amazing youre amazing and I connect so much to this right now! I wrote one or 2 about the same thing! keep writing!

swat17 said...
Wow, this is great. I love the message. You do an awesome job writing free verse!

swat17 said...
Wow, this is great. I love the message. You do a great job with free verse!

YellowRose79This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
:O can I like frame this? It's gorgeous. I love being able to read something that I can relate to, but that doesn't happen very often, but here is one of those rare pieces!

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:08 pm :
sure you can frame it lol :P

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow...................... Speechless. Three words...... WRITE> MORE<PLEASE!!!! Ur sooo talented!  

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hello! These lines are priceless.. "How can a tree shed it's leaves if it knows it will die,
how can I let you in when I'm afraid to fall." You are an AMAZING writer. I felt all the emotion and hard work put into this. This is truly something special. Great job! You're great! Xx!

Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 pm :
Thank you :3

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
thanks i really apprehiate this :3

mnm08 said...
wow, that was really nice to read =) I love the imagery of the tree shedding it's leaves and about the waves of the sea the most. I can tell that this really came from u and u honestly didn't hold back. Good job!! :) 

royalujjwa4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:32 am:
u r so creative!! the metaphors in the middle r amazing!