Peace

In my dreams, I hear the echoes of bliss;
Can see the arrival of the dove of peace.
I've got the peace song inside my heart.
Let me play my requisite part!

Peace is not just the absence of war.
It's all we have always hungered for.
It ensures the security of our beloveds,
And their dearly beloveds, even unloved.

We need to learn how to forgive,
To lead a life worth to live.
Peace is a citizen's ideal dream.
Strive hard to establish it true and gleam!

Why on earth have we lost the grace,
To respect each other, regardless of race?
“Peace begets peace: brother for brother”,
Hear the voice of the earth mother!

Hey friend! Why not you and I both,
Join our hands to make an oath,
“Peace for our friends, peace for our foes,
To bring an end to the prevailing woes.”

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I was hooked from the beginning. This is so beautiful, and so so true! Here's a kind of world I hope for, beautiful job! :)

Zach_M said...
Hamza, I love the message in which you convey. That peace is a necessity, and i also like how you stretch the importance of peace. You wrote this poem with such a melodic flow that is gleamed blissfully. Alluring the eyes of readers in all aspects, and although some lines were a little imbalanced, it didn't truly matter because you wrote with such a beautiful flow. This by far is one of my favorite poems. Outstanding and very inspirational piece!!

Scribbleaway. said...
May 5, 2013 at 3:45 am
Omg. You are so talented. I am so glad to have you as a friend. :O

Night_Star said...
May 4, 2013 at 12:59 am
To be honest It brought me to tears.I come from a dark place were im looking for the same thing your poem describes And It trully breathtaking 
More than genius!!!!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is lovely! What a trueld admirable dream! I too, wish for a world where everyone was at peace with one another, though I doube human nature would permit it. Ah well, it's a beautiful thought. And I suppose you never know, that delicate crystal dream might be tougher than it looks.

Italy_Felixis said...
This is  great poem! It shows how passionate you are in a pursuit of peace and is very easy to identify with...I understand your message entirely. Nicely done!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved this!! Wow.....all technical details aside, which were nearly perfect, I loved the message and how u skillfully inserted quotes....they were quotes, right? The only thing I'd change is the wording for "to lead a life worth to live." Did u mean "worthy"? Anyways, great job!!! XD

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:58 am
WOW....This sure is your best outta the ones I read! I love the theme. SO strong and all words just fit...This one flowed beautifully... Even though some lines were gramatically imbalanced but that didn't matter much as t was all connecting so well. "Why on earth have we lost the garce, To respect eachother, regardless of race?" were my favourite lines.... I remember writing something with a similar theme but different perspective...I've shared it as "Pure Soul" ...... (more »)

Hamzawaseem replied...
Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:35 am
thanks a ton!!! do check my other poems and critique them as well. And your poems are great!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:35 am
I sure will.... And you're welcome! ANd thank you... it means a lot.

joejinny said...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:29 am
you gave a wonderful defenition for peace.really awesome  

Sonza said...
GOSH!! THIS IS GREAT!! Hope ppl understand the true meaning of peace!! Peace can never b achieved through war!!

LivelyJade said...
Great piece of work! ;) I bet this'll really affect the readers. :) It did me!

AbbaDabbaDoo said...
Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:39 am
I'm in shock. Completely amazing! This is sure to change lives!

_Kimothy_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love it love it love it!!! I haven;t had much luck with this type of poem, but you did it wonderfully!

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:10 am
I love the message this conveys. Yes, more than anything now, we need peace! I really loved the 4th stanza that talks about race. It's very true! N the last two lines were excellent :)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:35 am
Amazing! I loved how the words flowed really well and teh whole message was outstanding.

EbonywithoutIvory said...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:27 am
this was atoundingly deep. i love it

sassygurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:34 am
i am thoroughly impressed. it was excellent!!

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
some of the lines have awkward wording....but besides that it was good O.O