Isn't | Teen Ink

Isn't

By kimberdawn SILVER, Sedalia, Missouri
kimberdawn SILVER, Sedalia, Missouri

The sun, with all these planets revolving around it and dependent upon it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it has nothing else in the universe to do.

~Galileo

Isn't it funny
how one mistake
can change your
entire life completely?
Or how one apology
is never enough?
Or how it takes
a lifetime just to
make up for something
so small and stupid?
Isn't it funny
how feelings are
never returned fairly?
Or how you use
all your energy to
make yourself seen
by one person?
Or how love is
nothing but a bitter joke?
Isn't it funny
how happiness is
never really real?
Or how depression
is a constant companion?
Or how pain
is just a trick of the mind?
Isn't it funny
how things turned out?

on Sep. 8 2014 at 2:55 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is amazingly, well-written, but it's also sad. I'm not sure if I agree with the message in your poem. Your poem is amazing, it's just, if you don't mind me being bold. . .some feelings, yes, are not returned fairly, that can be true, but feelings can also be returned. Happiness is real, it is not a illlusion. And love? . . .love is not a bitter joke. Love is love. True love is love. Love is love, if that makes sense. Love can be hard, it can have its downs, but it's worth it if it's really love. True love. . .depression can be a a constant companion, if you let it be your companion. I can connect because I used depression used to be "there for me." Used to be "my friend." Oh, I don't know if this make any sense at all, I hope it does a little. Things can and are turning good. Don't give up, try not to. Have hope. Hold on, pain ends. Love is not a bitter joke. Thnak you for sharing your wonderful poem. I did not mean to be rude or anything, I'm sorry. I just wanted to ell you all that, even if it make little sense. Thank you again.

on Apr. 19 2013 at 11:37 am
wolfexeder BRONZE, Chubbuck, Idaho

the pain will go away but the scares will remain.

i tryed to be there but u hert me so idk what to say