drops of freedom

'Raindrop' makes me think of tears that fall from your eyes, shame being washed away, late nights with my best friend in the spring, the feeling on your skin that lets you know you’re breathing, freedom that lands anywhere it wants to.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:54 pm:
Woah, good one! Sweet use of imagry. I was just thinking on how I need to work on that a bit myself, so I seriously appreciate this today.

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 11:05 pm :
I'm glad! Thank you :)

mollybug13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:31 pm:
I love how its simple yet very descriptive which is something thats hard to do. 5/5

today at 10:31 pm :
Thank you!

Anathema-EquinoxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 3:25 pm:
Such simple wording, but holds so much emotion.  The gracefulness and delightful wording of how this poem is put together makes me cry.   I like how you start of with the one word "Raindrop," then explain what it makes up think of. I love the last line, "Freedon that lands anywhere it wants to."  Keep writing poetry.  I like you're style.  

yesterday at 9:43 pm :
I appreciate this so much, thank you, thank you, thank you!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 6:10 pm:
I really like the title! This is good, I see what's happening here and I really like the line "SHame being washed away."

Apr. 4 at 6:37 pm :
Thank you!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 4 at 3:02 pm:
You're an Imagist I can tell. You paint amazing scenes with your poems. This is a scene I can picture and hear and feel. 

Apr. 4 at 4:16 pm :
I appreciate that so much... thank you!

HannahBanana99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 3:35 pm:
I loved how this poem is short and sweet, which really adds meaning. The comparison between raindrops and tears is really strong. I love the line "freedom that lands anywhere it wants to"

Apr. 3 at 3:50 pm :
Thank you!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 3 at 10:03 am:
This is so sweet. :) I think the fact that it's short makes it even more potent. And I like the way you used raindrops as a sort of transition between the two different ideas you were trying to convey. Keep writing!

Apr. 3 at 11:21 am :
Thank you; I will!