The Builders This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A sandbox kingdom lay beneath an oak.
Buds bloomed from the barren ground
As they built towers and castles,
Wielding plastic shovels like wands.

They spent the summers the same way
They spent dirty quarters from their pockets,
Delighting in the pleasure of growing like the grass
And running blindly into the wind.

The sun grew dimmer.
Pressing the fiery leaves to the trees,
They tried to keep them from falling.
But they burned their hands, so they let go.

The leaves fell and the oak followed.
Quiet snow painted the spires
Of the castles they once built
In the midst of their sandbox kingdom.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yo, Padfoot. Congrats on being publshed. Best time to be published with great people like you. Excellent poem. 5/5. 

Padfoot507 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks so much McKay!! :)

AcidRoses said...
The best poem I've read in a lonngg time. Literally breath-taking. Get this poem in the Magazinee! Sigh..... that was gorgeous. I know that word doesn't really make sense in this context but beautiful doesn't do it justice xD Great job! 

Oh my gosh thank you so much!! That is so nice of you, that really just made my day :) Thank you thank you!!!