For my Brother

The water's not as deep as it used to be
Back when we sank in the mud
Laughing as you lost your shoe
And annoying all the neighbors
At least, until they tried it too

Now we drown in different things
But you still dance through the kitchen
And talk talk talk
About the things that you are going to create
Smoke bombs instead of castles

GraphicWriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:13 am
I don't know what to say. It feels powerful and the emotions are unstated but beautiful and daring. I love the last two lines, they really stick witth you and make you think about it.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha well if we are being honest, he doesn't know I wrote this. But I am so glad you can relate. :)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this a lot. I have watched both of my brother's grow up and change.. while one is still very young he's evolving into a young man.. the way he sees things is much different, but he is still the same in some aspects. It's nice to see him grow up though. I'd like to write poems for my siblings, too.. not sure where to begin?