Obsession

Somewhere in madness lies the fragments of beauty
That I waste away trying to find
How powerful, glorious, crushing, it seems
To do something as simple as write

WrenArrington said...
Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:08 am
This poem reminds me of a shard of stained glass: beautiful but sharp. It's like an impassioned run-on sentence. Where other poems are curve, this is angle. Very unique. Great job making a short piece so powerful.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:49 am
Thanks so much! Honestly, I am impressed you got that much out of it. The fact that you obviously took time to read it carefully means a ton to me. :)

WrenArrington said...
Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:03 am
I like how this is sounds like one of those impassioned run-on sentences that you get out all in one breath. Its brevity and the way it flows makes it seem sharp, like a shard of stained glass. Very powerful for such a short piece. By the way, thanks so much for your detailed comments on my work!

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Simply delicious! I found my mind wanting to drench myself if those words; they were so cleverly connecting. I LOVE what you've done with this, and I secretly envy you; I have tried for the longest time to capture as much emotion in as little of a poem. I love this. Great job.

Thank you so much! That really means a ton to me! :)

Anathema-Equinox said...
Simple and sweet, but I really feel like this poem can be more sophisticated and powerful.  I understand what you are saying but you should xxplain the last line.  

I appreciate the feedback. :) my poems are usually longer, but I've been experimenting with a few short ones lately, so it's always nice to hear what someone thinks of them. ^.^