Know That I Do

Maybe you know or maybe you don’t,
But you are the single most important person in my life,
And I really appreciate you,
Though sometimes I might not seem to show it, Know that I do.

There are times when we fight,
But we have learned to accept each other for who we are,
For we know in our hearts that
What we have can’t be compared,
I know that we do.

And then there are the times when we are at peace,
When the bond between us is at its strongest,
We acknowledge our love with companionable silence,
For our love does not need words to be expressed,
And I know our bond will endure
Fights, Grudges, and even Time
Know that my heart will too.

Sometimes I might stray off the right path,
But you are always there to show me the way. Your love for me is indefinite. You light up the path ahead like my angel of guidance.
Your love for me is indefinable.
Know that I love you.

You comfort me when I am sad,
And laugh along with me when I am happy. Life is so much easier with you in it, So even though it sometimes seems like I take you for granted,
Mom, know that I don’t.

swat17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:22 pm:
This is so sweet. You did a great job with free verse, which is no easy task. Awesome poem, 5/5 from me

Literature_DarlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 1 at 11:23 am:
Beautiful. The flow was perfect and I found myself so wrapped up that I was saddened when it ended.

SarClarkThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31 at 9:38 pm:
Honestly a very beautiful piece. I love your sense of rhythm, it's very profound, and the repititon worked so well! You write so smoothly and over all this really was an amazing piece. And thank you for your wonderful feedback on my poetry. 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 11:51 pm:
I really like this.. I love the way that you write. It flows really nice & I wish I could write like this so I could write something so great for my mom. Thanks for sharing. Great job!

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 10:11 pm:
good flow and i literally fell in love after the frist stamza you have an amazing way of writing thats indescrible so thank you for that little peice of heaven

charlottewilbur said...
Mar. 29 at 11:41 am:
I really loved this poem! Very heartwarming and touching!!

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 11:09 am:
Beautiful! It has good flow and I like the sorta-but not too repetative feel of each ending line. I liked the first and third stanzas best, i think, and the line... well, the comment box is covering the line, but i think it was "we acknowlage out love with companionable silence." Very good, VERY good! Nice work!

dagnytaggartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 29 at 11:33 am :
Thank you!