someone else This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

little wanderer
shaking your tin cup
you’re a waste of beauty and you
just can’t fix yourself
little poet
spend all your time trying
to erase mistakes you’ve made rather than
stitching up your story
little lover
blind to the beautiful world
seeing only someone else-
you’ll hurt yourself
little angel
on your moth wings
reaching for the light but
you’ll be burned

we’ll always be better
when we’re being someone else

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:57 pm:
Wow, vivid powerful and filled with raw emotion. I felt every word. Please, Never. Stop. Writing.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 17 at 1:24 pm:
Once again, you capture a hopless feeling we human possess and try vainly to rid ourselves from it but inevitably we cannot do so. We try so hard to be ourselves that in the end we unknowingly become someone else. 

jonpettigrew said...
Apr. 16 at 2:30 pm:
I think it is better without rhythm

I liked how you made the last 2 lines really pop out by seperating  them from the rest

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 12:50 pm:
Great poem. I liked it. It could use a bit more of a rhythm, but really it nice.