Day After Day

Day after Day
I watch him
Silently stalking behind him
Hiding a smile beneath my fingers

Day after Day
I call him
Wondering what he could be doing
And smiling when I hear his voice

Day after Day
I glance at him
Imagining his handsome face
For the thousandth time

Day after Day
I wonder about him
Why does he do this or that?
Are these feelings my best friend or greatest enemy?

Day after Day
I *like him
Wishing he *liked me
And wondering what I'd do if he did

Day after Day
I guard myself
Trying to keep the strings of my heart untangled
And keeping it's contents well hidden

OldYoungOne said...
An innocent crush I can understand. Hey I am sorry that I havrn't gotten to reading and commenting sooner btu I havr fufilled the my end of deal Changed was what I wanted you to read.

Triscuits This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 13, 2013 at 1:13 pm:
You captured the feeling of a first crush perfectly! This is exactly how you feel when you find the first person you really like, and it's amazing and happy and scary and confusing all at once.

OldYoungOne said...
Its cute. reminds me and my juvenile ways lol

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, really great! You really do have a gift for emotion... im sure everyone can relate to this poem :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I adore your emotion in your poetry. You've a talent for displaying it without being melodramatic. Keep writing, sister. 

Cutey-Beauty replied...
Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:52 am :
Thank you for all your beautiful comments on my pieces of poetry, I really appreciate it :) You're such a great poet too!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm :
Thanks. I too appreciated the wonderful cooments you gave me. :D