nobody told me | Teen Ink

nobody told me

By TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California
TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

the more i think about it,
the more i realize that stars are everywhere:
wishing upon a star
star student, first in the class
shoot for the moon, fall amongst the stars

i was told that friends were like stars as well –
sometimes hidden, but always there.
nobody told me that stars were made of fire;
they would always be there, just out of reach.

Sometimes you need an explanation, a reason, for everything bad that happens to you. But doesn't it sting, the feeling of betrayal?

on Sep. 7 2013 at 4:07 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

I love love love this. the duality is quite impressive. And your impeccant title: completely captivating. And yes, I get exactly what you mean! It does sting. Your poem is simply class! I think I'm gonna share it on facebook.