Spineless Worm

I saw you from a distance
you did not know I was there.
You look the same as you have before,
but today there is something more.

Where to begin I am unsure
the love I used to offer you was radiant, but reflected in my eyes.
At the sight of you I tremble
my dying love I can't disguise.

In a web of thoughts my soul is caught.
I try to blot the tenderness of my missing someone heart,
but as I try I see that there is no good place to start.
The story my eyes are telling me is a book you would not read.

Your personality was something most could walk through like a ghost;
though I tried like all the rest, I found in you your very best.
Had I known then the result after our first encounter I might have given up-
I guess that I thought you might be a diamond in the rough.

As I give you my very last glance, I taste the salt of a tear you don't deserve.
The wasted time I have spent on you
the pretty lies and the ugly truth.
You are even less than a narcissistic worm.

SoulPoetryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:06 pm:
The third stanza<3 Call me weird but i read that stanza first. :P The entire poem really kept my attention and the feelings in the piece popped! This is one of your best works (3rd actually, other two are $50 Colonge and Dance of the Souls) I'm so in love with your poetry and they will totally be known worldwide :) keep up the wondeful job and stay awesome. We need to chat soon! well great job :D

swat17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 14 at 6:19 pm:
First of all, I loved how you referenced eyes in one way or another in almost every stanza. It made the entire story even more personal and relatable! Your metaphors are awesome, you're a great writer!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 3 at 2:06 pm:
Very creative. The title is very original. I like it. The second stanza is by far my favorite. And the beginning of the 3rd stanza is priceless. 

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 2 at 3:52 pm:
I'm in love with the line "your personality was something most could walk through like a ghost". Very well done!

writergirl36This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31 at 10:46 am:
This is a beautiful piece!!! It is very relatable, and I loved your descriptions!!!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 31 at 11:24 am :
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it!