Spineless Worm

I saw you from a distance
you did not know I was there.
You look the same as you have before,
but today there is something more.

Where to begin I am unsure
the love I used to offer you was radiant, but reflected in my eyes.
At the sight of you I tremble
my dying love I can't disguise.

In a web of thoughts my soul is caught.
I try to blot the tenderness of my missing someone heart,
but as I try I see that there is no good place to start.
The story my eyes are telling me is a book you would not read.

Your personality was something most could walk through like a ghost;
though I tried like all the rest, I found in you your very best.
Had I known then the result after our first encounter I might have given up-
I guess that I thought you might be a diamond in the rough.

As I give you my very last glance, I taste the salt of a tear you don't deserve.
The wasted time I have spent on you
the pretty lies and the ugly truth.
You are even less than a narcissistic worm.

SoulPoetry said...
The third stanza<3 Call me weird but i read that stanza first. :P The entire poem really kept my attention and the feelings in the piece popped! This is one of your best works (3rd actually, other two are $50 Colonge and Dance of the Souls) I'm so in love with your poetry and they will totally be known worldwide :) keep up the wondeful job and stay awesome. We need to chat soon! well great job :D

swat17 said...
First of all, I loved how you referenced eyes in one way or another in almost every stanza. It made the entire story even more personal and relatable! Your metaphors are awesome, you're a great writer!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very creative. The title is very original. I like it. The second stanza is by far my favorite. And the beginning of the 3rd stanza is priceless. 

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm in love with the line "your personality was something most could walk through like a ghost". Very well done!

writergirl36 said...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:46 am
This is a beautiful piece!!! It is very relatable, and I loved your descriptions!!!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:24 am
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it!