Good Luck

I don’t dare say your name, for what might I hear?
When I stutter it out loud my body shivers in fear-
It’s sleek down the spine but cringes at the ear.
I’ll avoid your face, for I know what a sight.
It’s like walking with my eyes closed and searching for a light.

The silence in your voice says you’ve got nothing to lose, that’s why you do things I’d never choose.
You’re on a tight ripe above water, but you can’t even swim.
While inching your way to the other side, a tear rolls down, you’re starting to cry.
That’s not the sad part, my dear friend, for our friendship has come to an end.
I can’t help you because you never helped back, so your on your own, I’ve strayed from the pack.
Good luck with that and good luck with this, you’re something I may not even miss.

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:48 pm:
This is an amazing poem. I loved it! I don't think that I've ever read one quite like it. There was so much emotion in it. One of your most brillaint works.

BlurAngelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9 at 9:38 pm:
WOW... this is A M A Z I N G.. simply W O N D E R F U L L..... Loved it.....

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7 at 6:35 pm:
Wow Lexus! This is by far my favorite of your pieces! It is filled with so much raw emotion. The line "it's like walking with my eyes closed and searching for the light" is perfect. Absolutely flawless. I am floored. Amazing imagery and I love ow it rhymed. Can't believe I didn't check this out before! 5/5 stars. Just so you know this is totally relatable, and you can move a lot of people with this poem. I can't even tell you how many people I know have completely abandoned my freindship. It suc... (more »)

mnm08This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 7:04 pm:
I love the emotion that is molded into the poem , it makes it very natural :) I especially like the part where it says "the silence in your voice says you've got nothing to lose, that's why you do things I'd never choose" , beautiful :) 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 3 at 2:15 pm:
First, when I read the title all i could think was Good Luck Chuck and Good Luck Charlie. Don't know why. Lol. Anyway the ending is very good. And the words flow smoothly so nicely. Great poem.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1 at 7:22 pm:
The rhythm in this is very well done; it flows naturally and there is a clear beat. I also like the fact that you did not seem to stretch for rhymes. Overall, a very well written poem. You managed to say a lot without exactly spelling it all out, which I really enjoyed. Great work!

writergirl36This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31 at 10:26 am:
This is very well written!!! I love how descriptive it was!!! You are an amazing writer. Keep writing!!!!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 31 at 11:23 am :
Thank you very much! I really, really appreciate it!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 3:08 pm:
Where it says 'ripe' it's supposed to be 'rope'! Ha! Sorry.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 1 at 1:03 am :
The flow gets a little wonky in the second half, but not too bad. I found the line "I'll avoid your face, for I know what a sight." To be a little confusing. I loved the first stanza otherwise, though, and you ended the poem qite cleverly! Good job!