No Time

There ain’t any way to make sure,
Whether we would have time galore.
Cursing and swearing, I never hold back
Yet, a little kind word always lack.
Time and time again I’ve agreed,
The sand runs way faster than we need.
Couldn’t say a world of words I wanted
Got stuck in my throat and he* taunted.
Have I ever caused him* injury in some way?
No coming back, “Adieu” once say!
Thence what I cannot say I will write,
For a tongue-tacked fool when speak I might.
Of my affection, in doubt don’t be caught,
Whether I get time to tell you or not:
How dear and near to my heart you are,
You’re my lively daffodil and my twinkling star!
Make haste, everyone! I advise.
Say it all today and act wise.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 5 at 9:25 pm:
  I hope you don’t mine me tearing this apart, but as packed as it is, I’m not sure if I would be able to respond coherently any other way. :$   Lines one and two: For some reason, I just really like the fact that you used “ain’t” here. It makes the poem seem more direct—as if you are addressing the reader personally.   Lines three and four: Feisty! But emotionally charged as well.  Line four introduces something... (more »)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 5 at 9:26 pm :
Aw :/. I had that all spaced out nicely before I posted it, but I guess formatting messed up. Sorry about that.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 6 at 1:03 pm :
Firslt , I totally understand,, I've tried that too but TeenInk formatting sucks.. Ah well, Plus, Oh my dear Star! I loved your feedback, it was in no way obnoxious as you though it might be.. It was absolutely wonderful! I mean to say that I always love it when people give such detailed comments, saying what they liked, what they thought about each line.. It makes me SO happy.. You do too? If so, then I'll give you detailed feedback from now on too... :PP   Now finally Thank ... (more »)

Apr. 6 at 5:52 pm :
Haha it was nothing. I had a ton of fun reading it! :) But I am very glad you did not find my comment annoying. :P Sometimes I do get a little carried away... xD

yesterday at 7:39 am :
Wow thanks! Same Here :P

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 6:36 pm:
In case you were wondering, THIS was the one I was talking about. This is the one I admire. Very good work!

Apr. 4 at 9:52 am :
Oh My! Thank YOU Christi! That means a lot to me, nobody had commented on this so I thought perhaps nobody liked it,...now that you have I KNOW it's liked... WOW thank you again. LOve you!!  P.S. "admiration" that's just a word too amazing to hear for one's work. You just made my DAY!!!